03 January 2020
Villefranche-sur-Saône, located in France (69), has a fleet of approximately 4,400 light points and 136 cabinets, which are generally in good operating condition.
In order to define its needs and to develop its future lighting management plan, Villefranche-sur-Saône has launched its first testing phase on two pilot sites.
• By reducing the technicians’ night shifts in order to ensure their availability.
• By monitoring the correct operation of the installed fleet.
• By receiving alerts about malfunctioning installations.
• To rank future investments by identifying installations that require an urgent refurbishment.
• To demonstrate the savings made in energy and operation costs following a retrofit.
• For the control and management of the cabinet and/or light points.
• To adapt to the future developments of the lighting fleet.
The fleet has been gradually updated, and today 10% of light points have LED bulbs installed. Cutting the electrical power and turning to more effective lighting fixtures, have enabled the town to reduce its energy consumption by 8% over a period of six years.
Supported by LACROIX City’s street lighting business unit’s customer service and by the AREL Agency, Villefranche-sur-Saône has chosen the Tegis ecosystem to cater for smart, scalable and modular solutions:
In addition, the SensyCity detection solution was chosen.
• 2 sites
•44 communicating nodes, TNX for management of light points
•11 SensyCity® sensors
•12 months of testing
•160 light points
Tegis Lighting :
Area with connected management of street lighting cabinets
Tegis Lighting Plus :
Area with connected management
of street lighting cabinets up to the light points
Tegis®, proven savings
The installation of Tegis lighting cabinets before an update allows us to easily measure and demonstrate the energy savings that are obtained after improvement works. At a later stage, we will use Tegis to monitor the performances in terms of the operation and consumption of the improved installation.
Tegis®, a flexible solution
The versatility of Tegis enables me to adjust the controls on the different installations in Villefranche-sur-Saône: a real flexibility in view of our living areas and activity spaces.